LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ)– As of Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021, the Fayette County Public School system had 1,865 pupils and also 4 employees in quarantine due to the coronavirus, according to the area.
For the week of Aug. 24-30, the school district had 326 new positive situations amongst students and 55 new cases among the team, according to district data. There were 2,173 students and 11 team in quarantine, according to the area. The school area has roughly 42,000 trainees as well as 8,000 workers.
The district’s Core COVID-19 Team satisfied on Tuesday, Aug. 31, and also established mosting likely to a hybrid course schedule was not practical now, according to the area. A hybrid educational model is where trainees alternate in between discovering in-person in the classroom as well as working separately in the house.
Superintendent Demetrus Liggins says the college district is mosting likely to include more sources to its site, develop a COVID-19 hotline, and give additional ways for individuals to discussion with institution district leaders.
This is the area’s recap of various other program items talked about Tuesday during the Core COVID-19 Team meeting:
- Whole Class Quarantines: When a college is warned of a positive COVID-19 situation, they start the call tracing procedure to determine if any type of trainees or team had close contact with the individual throughout their contagious duration. In the class setting, if assigned seats are kept and student movement is highly regulated, quarantines may be limited to only those trainees that rested closest to the individual who examines favorable. However, there will be times that it might be essential to quarantine a whole class, specifically for our very early qualities and also younger pupils.
- COVID-19 Cleansing Protocols: Custodial team in each institution maintain an extensive cleansing schedule, paying unique interest to high-touch surfaces. Added supplies will certainly be given by custodians to any worker desiring to do additional cleaning in their classroom or office area.
- Lunchroom Procedures: Offered area as well as time restrictions, social distancing is not viable in most cafeteria setups. Seating charts, appointed seats, and also organizing trainees in accomplices are executed to restrict direct exposures.
- COVID-19 Screening: Free COVID-19 screening is offered for all interested FCPS trainees as well as workers on several of our campuses, district centers, and also area areas. Individuals do not have to be revealing signs in order to make use of these sites and also can go to any one of the locations, regardless of where they work or go to institution. Trainees and team that are experiencing signs and symptoms can capitalize on rapid COVID-19 screening offered at every school.
- Checking to Shorten Quarantines: Individuals that are positioned on quarantine as a result of a possible direct exposure to COVID-19 might go back to college or deal with the 8th day after exposure if 1) they have no signs and symptoms and also 2) they are evaluated for COVID-19 on the fifth, sixth or seventh day after exposure and get a negative result.
- Hybrid Direction: A crossbreed training version where trainees alternate between finding out in-person as well as working independently in the house was discussed and also identified not to be a feasible option right now.
- Vaccination: FCPS will continue to work with area companions to enhance the availability of vaccinations for pupils, employees, and also family members. Vaccines are offered now at the adhering to locations and also will be used at choose schools on Saturday, September 11.